Hummus and Egg Breakfast Muffin
- ¼ c. mini bella mushrooms
- 1 T. yellow bell pepper
- ¼ t. fresh thyme
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ c. liquid egg substitute
- ½ 100% whole wheat English muffin
- 1 T. original hummus
- 1 oz. Canadian bacon
- Prepare ingredients: Slice mini bella mushrooms, dice yellow bell pepper and chop thyme. Set each aside individually.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Sauté peppers and mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir mushrooms, peppers and thyme into egg substitute and pour back into pan.
- Push vegetables to center of pan, cover and cook.
- Fold outside of egg toward center over mushrooms and peppers.
- Toast English muffin half and place upside-down on plate.
- Spread hummus on English muffin, followed by Canadian bacon and egg mixture.
Serves: 1 | Calories: 185 | Fat 4.4g | Carbs 16.7g | Protein 17.6g